Every smoker of marijuana may be faced with the need to take a detoxification course from cannabis. Therefore, the editors of our forum prepared an article on the side effects, timing and effective methods of removing cannabinoids from the body.
Side Effects of Cannabis Detox
If a person consumes cannabis for a long time, then quitting smoking marijuana causes withdrawal symptoms. The most common side effects include:
- realistic dreams (throughout the month);
- irritability or anger;
- emotional instability;
- loss of concentration;
- excessive sweating;
- loss of appetite;
To relieve symptoms, you need to:
- drink more water;
- less likely to eat fatty foods;
- reduce caffeine intake;
- to do physical exercises;
- take a warm bath.
The period of the removal of THC from the body
According to the US Drug Abuse Centers, THC or its metabolites can be detected during:
- 90 days in the hair;
- from three days to one month in the urine;
- 48 hours in saliva;
- 36 hours in the blood;
- from seven to 14 days in a sweat.
Five factors affect the duration of cannabinoid elimination from the body:
- the duration of smoking marijuana and the dosage (the higher the dose and the longer the period of use, the slower the detoxification);
- the frequency of physical exercises (the more often a person goes in for sports, the faster the body clears up);
- diet and diet ( THC is excreted faster if you do not eat fatty foods and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables);
- the percentage of body fat (tetrahydrocannabinol is stored in adipose tissue, therefore: the lower the percentage of fat, the faster the THC will disappear from the body).
Types of hemp tests
Cannabis tests are designed to detect THC and its metabolites (THC-COOH and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) in hair, blood, and saliva. In the field, an express test of saliva is used, and in stationary points, a urine test is taken. Blood is rarely tested for cannabinoids due to the short excretion period. Testing hair for the content of THC is almost never carried out due to the high cost of the procedure (in Moscow, the analysis costs from 4,800 rubles).
Cannabis Detox Methods
You can read about ways to accelerate the removal of THC from saliva in the article “How to fool a rapid hemp saliva test?”. Methods for cleaning urine and hair are described in the publication “How to quickly remove hemp metabolites from urine and hair?”.